The Spike Spot is ideal for uplighting large plants, sculptures and trees up to several metres high. This extra low voltage fitting has a 145mm spike that can be nestled into flowers beds or at the base of a tree. It has a fixed head but it can easily be inserted into the ground at an angle if required.
It looks particularly effective when lighting trees in winter as it captures the striking outline of the bare branches. The choice of beam angle ranges from 15* to 60* so it can be used either to create a dramatic shard of upward light or a wider, softer wash of light.
This extra low voltage fitting has a weatherproof rating is IP66, so it is ideal for installation in gardens. It is machined from 10mm solid aluminium and comes in three metal finishes - copper, which weathers to a beautiful verdigris over time; marine grade 316 stainless steel; and UV stable eco-matt powder coated aluminium in black or bronze.
The 6W LED chip gives the equivalent output of a 50W halogen bulb and it is available in three colour temperatures from very warm white to neutral white. The high quality CREE led chips are selected by precise LED binning which ensures that the colour temperature remains consistent within each colourway. The fitting is modular so that it is easy to change the LED chip if required.
It needs to be wired in series from a remote driver. The driver must be ordered separately. There is a choice of a 33W switched driver, suitable for 1-5 fittings, or a 48W dimmable driver which is rated for 1-7 fittings.
It is also available as a Adjustable Spike Spot, which has an adjustable head.
- Finish: Copper, marine grade 316 stainless steel, black powder coated aluminium, bronze powder coated aluminium
- Light Colour: Extra warm white (2700K), warm white (3000K), neutral white (4000K)
- Beam angle: 15*, 25*, 38*, 60*
- Lens: Clear or with a Hex Cell Louvre or a Glare Guard
- Dimmable: Yes, with dimmable driver
- Dimensions: Body diameter 63.5mm; body height 75mm; spike length 145mm
- IP rating: IP66
- LED chips: Cree MTG-2
- Power: 6W
- Efficacy: 85 lm/W (510 lumens per 6W fitting being driven at 1050mA)
- LED lamp life: 50,000 hours
- Remote driver: 1050mA constant current driver (not included)
- Wiring: Series
- Warranty: 10 yrs for copper & stainless steel body, 5 yrs for eco-matt powder coated body, 5 yrs for electronics
- Availability: 48 hours for in-stock items / 2-3 weeks for out of stock items
- Delivery: Free delivery within the UK
- Code: SS/S